No Events Showing in DayBack Calendar

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:24 pm
Hi All,

I have downloaded a demo copy of DayBack Calendar and i'm having some visual issues seeing the events on the calendar. None of them seem to be showing up but when I host this file from my computer and open it in one of our other computers or iPads you can see all events.

No Filters are on and I've hit the reset filters button several times,
Also the "Home" & "Advanced Settings" Buttons aren't working either.

I'm running Filemaker 13 Advanced Windows 8.1 on a 64 Bit Machine, All other computers in our office are Running FM13 on Windows 7 32bit.

Any suggestions or information would be appreciated!

Thanks
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:22 am
Are you saying you see your events when the DayBack file is hosted and you open it as a client of the server, but you don't see your events if you open that same file locally in single-user mode? Is this a linked or embedded integration? If it's linked, it might be a problem with the network file path from DayBack to your data file. Double-check DayBack's External Data Sources and make sure there is a valid path to your hosted data file, in addition to the local path that will work when both files are hosted.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:42 pm
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply.

That's correct. When I open the file straight off of my computer I can't see any events. Then I go into File - Sharing - Share with FileMaker Clients and make it available to open on my network. I then go to one of our other computers in the office and open it remotely. It seems to work fine on all other computers.

I haven't linked or embedded the file as yet. I'm purely using the demo with the sample events table that comes with it. I've added new events but when I click refresh calendar they disappear.

I've put an attachment on showing a window with the events table with records in it and then another window showing the calendar month that the records relate to but nothing shows up.

I just downloaded a new copy of the dayback Demo straight from the SeedCode website this morning and it's doing the same thing.

Could it have something to do with my operating system? I've had a lot of other problems with other programs on here. I'm running Windows 8.1

Thanks
Attachments
DayBack_NoEvents.png
DayBack_NoEvents.png (131.52 KiB) Viewed 9582 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:48 pm
We don't know of any compatibility issued with Windows 8. The only thing I can think of is that you didn't properly "extract" the files from the .zip download on your desktop, and somehow when you upload to your server that's the extracted version.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:11 pm
Thanks Jeff,

I'll keep trying a few things and see what I can come up with.

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker