Calendar Sidebar Filter

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:31 am
On selecting or deselecting the item from filter what exactly happen as it updates the calendar?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:50 am
Hi Anup. When you apply a filter using one of the global fields in the sidebar, the calendar re-runs the query to gather the applicable events, adding the selected filter value as a search criteria. Let me know if you need more info than that.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:24 pm
Hi jeffalmquist

"When you apply a filter using one of the global fields in the sidebar"

Which global fields are used? I am nt getting value in any of the global value.

Acutally I want to custom sidebars for calendar, want to know where should I add selected values to be implement query on calendar.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:35 am
It's the "FilterGlob_1", "FilterGlob_2", etc. global fields that are used for the "advanced filters". If you're asking about the Status Filters in the webviewer sidebar, that's all done in the Javascript. I'm not certain I'm interpreting your question correctly, so please feel free to send more details with screen shots, etc. Cheers.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:43 pm
Hi jeffalmquist

Yes I'm asking about sidebar status filter. I want to know how to customize it show that it will work of my custom status data.

I have a set of status which user will select and it will be reflected at webviewer of calendar as per the selected status.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:28 am
Hi,

You can map any field, calculations included, as the status field:

http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... ventColors

If you want to do more than that, then it's going to be easier to create a FileMaker sidebar and drive the web viewer from there like you would with the advance filtering. We have a blog post outlining this here:

http://www.seedcode.com/custom-sidebar-for-dayback/

Let me know if that helps, and if you're with Gearbox in Atlanta, say hi to Michael for me.
-Jason
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:48 am
Hi Jason

Yes Jason, I am working for gearbox but from India. Never had interaction with Michael.

All by calc field are working and sidebar status filter is working.
Same I have tried for custom sidebar. where I have list of status where user can select and deselect. I want to know where i have to set by selected status show it will work same as webviewer sidebar?

Another Question -
Can I custom the settings on sidebar like view setting and time setting?

-Anup
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:06 am
Hi Anup. I think you're asking about changing the default settings, and yes you can do that. See the "time scale increment" section here for one such example:
http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... .TimeScale

The script I think you're asking about is "Apply Filters to Webviewer". Run that script after changing any filter values to see them take effect.

We'd be happy to work with you to make these or any other customizations in your file. Let me know if you'd be interested in that.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:34 pm
Hi jeffalmquist

Thanks for your support. :)

My advanced filter is not working, I thinking while integrating dayback something went wrong.
How should I troubleshot this?
And how to make "Resource - Schedule" the default view when loading calendar?

Thanks
Anup
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:24 pm
Hmmm. The advanced filters are just a FileMaker Pro layout, so if you've been changing the layout I'd start by comparing those layout objects to those on a stock copy of DayBack. If you weren't working on the layout then you've likely changed some of the filter mappings: I'd take a look at the script "Load Calendar Settings..." and the lines after the comment "Map filters to fields."

As for changing the default tab, edit the script "Upon Opening" and right near the bottom you'll see the comment "Go to Calendar". The following script contains a parameter that determines which mode we land on by default. Simply change "Mode = Month" to whatever view you'd like to be the default.

For reference you can find a list of the possible modes (views) here: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... heCalendar

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:06 am
Hi John

Thanks for your help its really helped me a lot.

Another custom I want to do. I will put a field with calendar popup to select date and dayback calendar will load that day on screen. How it can happens.

Thanks
Anup
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:32 am
Glad that helped, Anup.

To navigate to the calendar layout and focus on a specific date, create a new script with these two steps and call it from any other layout, declaring the date you want to go to in the first line:

Code: Select all
Set Variable [ $sc_FocusDate; Value:Date ( 12 ; 1 ; 2015 ) ]
Perform Script [ “Go To WebViewer Calendar Layout ({Mode})”; Parameter: #("sc_FocusDate" ; $sc_FocusDate) ]

=)
John Sindelar
SeedCode
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:59 am
By the way, if you want to do this when you're already on the Calendar layout, create a new script that does this... (note how we're using $$ in this script and $ in the previous one for FocusDate:

Code: Select all
Set Variable [ $sc_FocusDate; Value:Date ( 12 ; 1 ; 2015 ) ]
Perform Script [ "Set Webviewer ( {Message} )" ]
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:00 am
Hi John

Thanks for all your advice. Its helped me a lot :)

Thanks
Anup

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker