Multiple Contacts/Projects with the popup event info

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:18 pm
Hi John/Jeff

Just wondering if it possible for me to tweak something so that the Contacts and Projects can act as the resources does? I am using Cases where the 'standard' is Contacts and Resources for Staff members and rooms. It is not uncommon for a meeting to involve 2 or more cases and I would like to indicate this.

Obviously I could use a FileMaker layout but would prefer to use the popup info.

oh, hang on, just thought - I could possibly use a custom action to do this. Will explore - the cases would all be referenced by a number and so would just need to be entered in dialog.

If you have a simple way to let me do this let me know, otherwise I'll post my solution here for others

Thanks

Tim
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:37 am
The Custom Actions work almost perfectly, I just nee dot find the way to refresh the information in the popover.
The last line of my script is to perform script
Refresh Calendar Event (Data ; {EventID ; RenderID ; QueryID ; Operation ; ForceRefresh} )
with parameter

# ( "sc_EventID" ; $EventID ) &
# ( "sc_ShowEvent" ; True ) &
# ( "sc_Operation" ; "reload" )

This updates the calendar but not the popover, as in the screenshot.
refreshIssue.png
refreshIssue.png (62.74 KiB) Viewed 12716 times

Also another weird thing I just noticed, I have lost my ‘Home’ option from the Menu Items, even though the value for $$sc_HideMenuItems is “Hide menu items here”
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:39 am
Sorry, posted too early!

I have restarted FileMaker to make sure the $$sc_HideMenuItems was set at calendar launch.

The reason I was looking for this was to see if I could remove the 'Call your own scripts' text

Thanks
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:05 am
Awesome mod, Tim. Love that you're using custom actions for this. I'm not sure we can address the popover specifically, but if you're ON the modified FileMaker event in you might try this as the last line of your script instead of or in addition to the current last line: call the script "Show Event Details On Calendar (SourceNo ; FocusDate)" Both parameters are optional.

The home button is going away due to a bug in 9.55--we should have that fixed as an in-app update shortly!
John Sindelar
SeedCode
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:17 am
And Tim, If you're up to posting a PDF of the custom action you wrote for this, I'm sure other folks would love to see that =)

- Thanks again,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:56 am
Hi John,

Happy to upload a pdf, but getting a message "The extension pdf is not allowed" - will email it to you in the hope you can post it.

Is there any way to remove the "Call your own scripts" text and/or replace it with something else?

Thanks

Tim
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:06 am
and I should have added that the "Show Event Details On Calendar (SourceNo ; FocusDate)" option did not work, tried it without and and with both parameters - the problem seems to be that it is expecting to be on a 'source' layout. I am sure I could tweak it, but am going to leave it alone!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:18 am
Thanks for the PDF, Tim.

CustomAction Mods.pdf.zip
(210.61 KiB) Downloaded 963 times

The "home" button is now fixed in 9.56 if you'd like to check for updates again (you may need to quit FMP and relaunch if you just updated).

And "Call your own scripts" is one of the strings in DayBack's translation file, so you can edit that by following the instructions here in the section titled "Can I Modify the Field Labels and Text Shown in the Calendar's Interface..." here: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... ranslation

I love changing things in that translation file =)

Enjoy!
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:37 am
Aaaargh should have looked in translations!

Thanks John

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker