Filter based on Found Set

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:03 pm
Is it possible to display Calendar events based on FoundSet instead of using the default Filter ? This is what I am thinking. Users perform complex find in the Event Table to find the require records. Then click a button to display the found set in the Calendar. This will help us a lot because our users have to perform very complex find in order to get that they wanted to see. We tried customize the Advance Filters but not possible to handle the complexity. Thank You
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:55 pm
Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! I am doing some research on your question now.

Just to confirm, you need to be able to make a custom found set of events, and then show those events in the calendar, correct? In DayBack, you can script in additional "filters" (define a more complex find request for events), but I don't think this will meet your need as I understand it now.

I will get back to you later this afternoon.

Thank you!

Dan
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:17 pm
verybless,

Following up again with you about your calendar filtering question.

In our experience, most calendar filtering needs can be solved with a combination of filtering features already built in to the calendar. Beyond customizing the existing Advanced Filters, you can add your own advanced filter fields, pre-filter the calendar, and hard-code other criteria into scripted finds. You can find more about these options here:
http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... er.Filters
Also, see this link for more information about hardcoding hidden filters:
http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... eeMyEvents

Nevertheless, it is possible to filter the events based on a custom found set. However, this would require some customization beyond the scope of this support forum, but we could help you implement this with an Implementation Package. If you'd like, feel free to get in touch with us directly, so we can talk in more detail about filtering your calendar.

Dan
[email protected]
tel. (855) 733-3263
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:44 pm
Thank you Dan.

Let me work on your suggestions. I will update you. Have a good day

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker