DayBack Online problem: too easy to modify Start Time

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:50 am
Hi All:

We generally use Dayback Online (http://beta.dayback.com/) when not at our computers -- in other words, when we're out with just iPhone or iPad. On these screens, it's very easy -- actually too easy -- to change an event's start/end times inadvertently, by swiping too close to the event area of the calendar. Is there a fix for this? For example, could one implement a dialog box that would appear, requiring confirmation of the time change, rather than simply changing the start/end time directly on the swipe?

Jim
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:03 pm
Hi Jim,

Thanks so much for reaching out -- great to hear you're using DayBack Online when mobile.

We are actually planning to resolve this when we optimize the calendar for mobile. I don't have an ETA for this update, but it is a top priority. In the meantime, we could altogether disable dragging events in DayBack on your mobile device as a small custom modification. Alternatively, the Day, Week, and Resource "Schedule" views are probably the most mobile friendly layouts in the current version, since they have a Time sidebar that can be used for scrolling.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you're interested in disabling dragging on mobile.

Thanks again,

Dan
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:17 am
Thank you Dan! Yes, disabling dragging on mobile would be helpful as a temporary fix. I really appreciate it!

Jim
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:57 am
Jim,

Thank you! I will be following up with you by email to continue our discussion.

Dan

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker