$$sc_ResourceDays not working?

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:41 am
I have just updated to 9.63 (thank you!) and was hoping to be able to specify the number of visible days when the users first open the calendar. The variable is being set but not being reflected in the calendar - do I have to change anything else?

Screenshot attached, after a quit and relaunch.

Thanks

Tim

[img]
ResourceDays.jpg
[/img]
Attachments
ResourceDays.jpg
ResourceDays.jpg (227.63 KiB) Viewed 14256 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:36 pm
Hi Tim,

Glad you are excited about the upgrades to DayBack! Thanks so much for reaching out on this.

We suspect that maybe some of the steps in upgrading to v9.61 may not have been completed, in particular the last step at these instructions (changes to the $$sc_OptionsResult set variable step):
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4212&p=11605#p11605

Review these upgrade instructions to make sure all the changes have been made. Let me know if this helps!

All the best,

Dan
[email protected]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:48 am
Sorry Dan, that was done

I have double checked and redone that step, calc for the variable $sc_OptionsResult is

Substitute (
List (
Quote (GetValue (
Substitute (GetNextSerialValue ( "" ; GetFieldName(CalendarInterface::Core)) ; "|" ; "¶") ;
1)) ;
Quote (Right ( "0000" & Year ( $sc_Today ) ; 4 ) & "-" & Right ( "00" & Month ( $sc_Today ) ; 2 ) & "-" & Right ( "00" & Day ( $sc_Today ) ; 2 )) ; //Default date
Quote ($sc_DateFormat) ; //Date format
Quote ($sc_DatabaseDateFormat) ; //Date format for dates written to FileMaker
Quote ($sc_Mode) ; //View mode
Quote ($$sc_DefaultTime) ; //Default time in agenda views
Quote ($$sc_TimeIncrement) ; //Time increment in agenda views
Quote ($sc_StartDay) ; //Start week on monday
Quote ($$sc_MaximumNumberAllDayEventsToShow) ;
Quote ($sc_ShowWeeks) ; //Show week numbers
Quote ($sc_TitleDayFormat) ;
Quote ($sc_TitleWeekFormat) ;
Quote ($sc_TitleMonthFormat) ;
Quote ($sc_TitleResourceFormat) ;
Quote ($sc_DateStringFormat) ;
Quote ($sc_DateStringShortFormat) ;
Quote ($sc_TimeFormat) ;
Quote ($sc_12HourTime) ;
Quote ($$sc_MinTime) ;
Quote ($$sc_MaxTime) ;
Quote ($$sc_DefaultTimedEventDuration) ;
Quote ($$sc_NextDayThreshold) ;
Quote ($$sc_ResourceColumns) ;
Quote ($$sc_DefaultTab) ;
Quote (Lower(Substitute ($$sc_HideMenuItems ; "¶" ; "\n"))) ;
Quote ($$sc_ShowAdminSettings) ;
Quote ($$sc_DefaultSidebarOpen) ;
Quote ($$sc_LockSidebar) ;
Quote ($$sc_DefaultEventColor) ;
Quote ($$sc_FluidMonths) ;
Quote ($$sc_CompressedView) ;
Quote ($$sc_PreventEventOverlap) ;
Quote (Substitute ($sc_PreFilter ; "¶" ; "\n")) ;
Quote (CalendarInterface::BuildNumberCalc) ;
Quote ($$sc_ShowWeekends) ;
Quote ($$sc_EditTimeIncrement) ;
Quote ($$sc_ReturnSubstitute) ;
Quote (True) ; //Lazy fetching
Quote ($$sc_SourceToDefaultForNewItems) ;
Quote ($$sc_ResourceDays) ;
Quote ($$sc_HorizonDays) ;
Quote ($$sc_ShowDistances) ;
)
; "¶" ; ",")
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:41 am
Hi Dan,

Just back from my client site - the changes worked there fine - must be something on my machine. However for other users they could not see events in the schedule after the change.
They have a very locked down environment so very difficult to do serious diagnosis there - but at least we know the update works!

Cheers

Tim
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:42 am
Hi Tim,

Thanks for the updates. Just to confirm, all users here are connecting to the same DayBack file that is updated to v9.63, correct? Is the issue of missing events only on the Schedule views, or can these users not see events on any views?

Thanks again,
Dan
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:33 pm
Hi Dan,

All users (including me) connecting to the same served 9.63 file. Others could not see any events on any views despite refreshes. On the Mac I was on I could see all events as expected.

Problem I have with that site is that any machine I have access to cannot connect outside the network so I have to do any updates from my office and then bring in a new file!

Cheers

Tim
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:27 pm
Hi Tim,

Since you can see all events as expected on some machines, and no events on others, it is possible there is an issue with the FMP URL protocol on the machines that do not display events. DayBack uses FMP url protocol to call scripts in your file.

When you are able, try opening the attached file on the machines that do not display events (Be sure to unzip/uncompress the file first). Click the big "Click Me" button -- this should cause a FileMaker custom dialog window to appear saying "It Worked". If you do not get that dialog, FMP url isn't working. On Windows, simply restarting the machine may fix this issue, although uninstalling and reinstalling FileMaker may be required.

Let me know what results you see with this test file on these machines.

Thank you!

Dan
Attachments
FMP URL Tester.fmp12.zip
(65.6 KiB) Downloaded 1097 times
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:56 am
Hi Dan,

Sorry, takes a while to get new files onto the customer machines at this client. It looks as if an update from FMP14.01 to 14.04 has fixed the issue.
I managed to get them upgraded today and tested with the same files (although not hosted) that failed before and they performed as expected.

Interestingly I tried the file you posted of both machines that had issues, on 1 machine the first time I clicked on the 'Click me' nothing happened for a long time - minutes. I relaunched FileMaker and next time it worked perfectly- the dialogue came up saying FMP URL was working.
Anyway, will be uploaded the new version (9.63 ) to the server next weeks fingers crossed

Cheers

Tim
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:30 am
Hi Tim,

Glad to hear the issue appears resolved after updated FMPro. Had you have already updated FileMaker Server to v14.04 before updating the client? If so, that may be related to the issue here. With FMServer v14.04 in particular, clients should be updated to the current version alongside Server, according to FileMaker docs:
http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/d ... _id/15337/

It sounds like that 1 machine in particular was having an issue with the fmp url protocol. Is there more than one version of FileMaker Pro installed on that machine? That can sometimes cause issues where the fmp url call is attempted for the wrong version of FMP. Sometimes, a re-install of FileMaker Pro is needed to fix the fmp url issue. In any case, I'm glad to hear those machines are working now.

Keep us posted if you have any additional questions!

Dan

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker